June 30, 2016
What is SEO?
- Specific things you do to your website that makes the search engine more able to find your website.
- It takes time
- Hard to test
- Search trends change over time
- Different from Ad words because its free, and is triggered by words on the site
- For Google to decide what page is on the top, they index through crawling by robots
- How do I exist in Google and how do I get them to think highly of me?
- Bold certain words so Google knows its important
- REMEMBER! If it is easy to manipulate, don’t do it!!
Start with on page SEO!
Backlinks- if someone thinks back to your website. Social links mean almost nothing to Google, but it does yahoo and bing.
How to get index: submit the site, sign up through Google consoles.
Send links to other pages on your website.